Tuesday 5 February 2013

Xray T3'12 Returns To Action

Well I have made the desion to start using the Xray T3'12 again as I am trying to save my dry car (MI4CXL) for the National series. I am going to be honest as admit I have never really enjoyed driving the T3 as I could never be consistent or on the same pace my fellow T3 users at BRCCC.

This aside I told myself I will make this car work for me even if I am sill slower as long as I enjoy driving it changes can always be made from there to gain vital 10th's to get on the pace.

 
Niall Marshall
Xray T3'12
(GREEN BOARD)
 
So getting back to my problems with my T3, and one of them being the lack of rear end grip I always seem to experience. So to combat this I decided to put a small washer in the back of the car to add a little more toe in on the car.
 
 

 
 
Xray T3'12
Extra Washers
 
So with these washers added I instantly achieved my much wanted rear end grip. But at a massive cost of massively increased tyre wear, and less initial steering.
 
A few more changes to the camber, roll centres and rear shock positions. The tyre wear still progressed until I eventually removed the washers at the rear. Danny Holmes also kindly lent me some ECS drivshafts and with all this and some slightly better tyres my times began to progress to become more competitive.
 

Tyre Wear
(With Washers)
 
 
Times Improving
(Sorry About The Blur)

 
10th Quicker Best Lap

 
Qualify 3rd
Finished 1st
 
Still the slowest best lap ?  

No comments:

Post a Comment