Saturday 17 October 2015

The rebuild complete - SRX2 MM

So I have finally finished my rebuild of my serpent srx mm.

So what have I replaced? I have done the usual thing when I buy any used chassis, new bearings, driveshafts, gear diff, basically the whole drivetrain in a 2WD buggy. I feel a new drivetrain is always a safe option and a sensible one too.

Having a new smooth drivetrain always makes me feel more comfortable when hitting the track for the first time. Being able to trust everything is running smoothly makes it easier to get a feel for the chassis straight of the bat.

Any way onto the electric install. I chose to go with a transverse shorty layout with the lipo seated forward. The servo was a little challenging to install but managed to get my head around it soon enough. 

On the whole very happy with the quality of materials and the ease of workability.

Many thanks to Serpent UK once again and can't wait to get racing.

#RaceToWin


No comments:

Post a Comment