Monday 7 January 2013

Schumacher MI4CXL

My new dry car this year will be the Schumacher MI4CXL. My Xray T3 will be my mainly indoor and wet car so it has at the moment taken a back seat.

My MI4CXL has been expertly assembled mainly by Andy Murray (as well as my T3 I may add) and on my first few runs with the MI4CXL indoors at BRCCC (Blackpool Radio Controlled Car Club) I was blown away! The stability and ease of which the car corners and generally grips is just mind blowing.


Schumacher MI4CXL
Protoform LTC-R
 
Its always nice to have a new shell and this gift of my brother arrived a couple of days after receiving my MI4CXL so I had a new shell for the new car. The LTC-R provided the essential steering needed of any TC on a tight indoor carpet track. All cut out to BRCA regulations. As well as a LTC-R I also had a Mazda Speed 6 Protoform lightweight shell to test. I instantly noticed the reduced levels or steering but the more consistent lap times with a more stable feeling car.

 
 

 
The car went on though the day to produce some very consistent lap times with regardless of shell. On the new layout at the BRCCC I know a quick time in a Xray T3 is a 12.70ish if i recall correctly, so I had my work cut out trying to chase that rather quick time on my first day with the car. I did manage though with the LTC-R shell to put in a 13.14 which I was happy with considering I know the T3 suits tighter carpet tracks more than my MI4CXL.
 
Here are some images of my new MI4CXL, enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 Tight Fit with all the electronics in but all nice and snug when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment