Tuesday 31 July 2012

Monday 30th July Nights Racing Mardave Report

Well monday nights worth of Mardave racing saw many new drivers young and old who were very competitive though out the night. We also saw a few drivers featuring the new schumacher supastox cars which looked quite impressive but only time would tell if they could make the all important A final. 

On of the new schmacker supastox cars. (looks like a small 10th scale) 

Anyway the first round of heats got underway and you could definitely tell that the new bloods wanted to prove the worthiness as the racing standards were rather high. Here is a short clip of one of the Mardave's qualifying rounds. 


                                     

Here are some of the more newer competitors with what I must say rather nice shells. 


So all qualifying heats over and the guys had done all they could to try and secure there positions in the A final and B final near the front of the grid. This is how the B final looked like. 



So it was Tom in the schumacher supastox making pole position in the B final. 


Lining up second on the grid was the young Dylan who was showing a lot of promise for the future. 


In the third slot of the grid was Daz who had driver very well considering he had not been driving very long at all. I unfortunately didn't get to catch the final results of this race because I had to prep my car for my race but in future posts I will have full HD video coverage of each final. 

In the A final the grid formed up as follows. 


The talented Phillip (William) took the Mardave A final pole. He has been linked with a move to 12th scale racing and V-Design but he is not commented on anything yet. 


Second on the A final grid was one of the rising new comers Peter who I must say had a rather well hooked up Mardave. 


Dan put in a very good and competitive performance to line up third on the grid. All that practicing is really paying of for Dan and it is showing in his race results. 


Taking the all important final spot in the A final grid was Charles who with his day glow yellow shell almost blinded me when my flash from my camera hit his shell and then my eyes. Never the less a brilliant performance from the Thornton veteran. 

I believe that this final was very close between Phillip and Peter as both drivers were putting in some very respectable lap times. In the end I am not 100% sure as I was sorting out my car but I think it was Phillip who snatched the win from Peter. Great drive from all racers!    

No comments:

Post a Comment