Tuesday 31 July 2012

Monday 30th July Nights Racing 12th scale race report

Well finally we have the 12th scale nights report. What a night it was as well. In pre meeting practice the V-Design factory driver Danny Holmes set some club benchmarks with his modified powered V-Design. 

Danny Holmes 
V-Design 

This is one very sexy looking shell if I do say so myself. Danny went on to race in the touring car class that night as he is saving his 12th scale so that it is in perfect condition for big upcoming 12th scale meeting this weekend. 

The driver's taking part in the 12th scale class this particular meeting were as follow's, 


Dean (The diff building demon)
CRC


Richard (Looking rather surprised)
Xray


Me, Niall 
CRC 

We started off the night with a rather fast paced round one and two with all three cars running at different pace's due to different motor and running mode options. Here is a short video of all three cars running on track. I have a orange/black shell, richard white/blue and dean white/pink. 


                                    

This is an other short video of the same heat but from a drivers perspective. (You will have the excuse me as I try having a conversation with Danny mid heat) 



                                  

My car seemed to be going rather well as I had it on the set up board all morning and afternoon and it had clearly paid off for me. Plus with some helpful tips with set up and more general stuff from Danny the car seemed to be in perfect condition. The new Thunder Power motor really providing a great feel and plenty of power. 

The times were rather close considering we were running different motors and timing options, see for yourself. 


The final was Richard on pole as his lipo was the only one to last a whole qualifying heat, with me in second and dean in third. We started and all was level half a 12th between us all. Then Dean pulls of the track as his lipo died, this leaving me and richard to battle it out. My CRC was much quicker down the straight and more consistent in the corners. I set up the move and then leading down to the main straight I used my extra power down the straight and powered round the outside. (This was a move Danny informed me of and how the execute it).

Well in the next meeting report I should have HD videos and more refined images. 



No comments:

Post a Comment