Tuesday 7 August 2012

Chesterfield Summer Summer Shoot Out

Chesterfield was mine and my fellow Blackpool club racer Richard Whurs first ever 12th scale event. Having only just had our 12th's for a few weeks we thought the odd's were rather stacked up against us as we had been warned that there would be many very talented driver's attending this particular event. 


The Pitting area.

The Saturday's practice went fairly well with my new CRC performing perfectly and setting some rather competitive times which I was amazed at! Heat after heat the car seemed to just be getting better and better with the increasing grip level. 

The Sunday came quicker than expected and with two newly painted shells I new it was not going to be easy to set quick times unlike in the practice the night before. 


New white shell. 

After the first few heats myself and Richard were both rather quick and close in times. Despite having some really talented and knowledgeable driver's in our heat and in the heat above. The three Blackpool drivers were heading for a one,two, three in the 10.5 class but not unless the Corally team had anything to say about it. 


Danny Holmes 
V-Design 

One thing I must say was the quality of the meeting and the way in which it was run. Probably one of the best I have ever been to! The track side shop had everything you needed, and the service was outstanding. 


AMC
Action Model Centre 

Back to the racing and it was very close at the top of the 10.5 blinky class with only a hand full of us making the 39 lap mark. The cars needed to be perfect for the finals as I had managed to grab myself 4th in the A final which was a fantastic result considering I had not had a 12th scale for that many weeks. 


CRC Gen Xi 
Prepared for the final. 

Considering I had done many finals before I was very nervous in this particular final as I wanted to impress the more experienced and talented drivers. And by the third corner it was looking good as I overtook Richard Whur down in the inside but only to be nudged into the wall and down to the back of the field. The rest of the race was more or less just take it easy and see who you could overtake as there was battles going on though out the field whilst the leaders were lapping as well. All in all I couldn't really tell what position I was in until the end of the race were apparently I managed to regain 5th from the back so that I was very pleased with. 

The track layout was very good with varying fast corners to more technical infield which made the driver focus more on a slower pace and a neater line though the apex's. 


The track layout.

I would like to say a very quick thank you to Kevin Creaser for a brilliant event and helping me with my CRC. Also thank you to David Spashett who kindly lent me his white paint. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment