Saturday 18 August 2012

Friday Nights Race Report

Well a rather quite friday nights racing as most of the touring car drivers were heading out for the national meeting this weekend. Never the less the racing was still very competitive due to start of the BRCCC club championship. Two people really wanting to make a strong showing in the absence of the other touring car drivers were Aidan Ripley and Richard Whur. But as the night went on problems would arise for both drivers. 


Richard Whur 
Xray T3 

Mid heat Richard pulled his car off in a rather aggressive manner and as it turned out his rear drive belt had completely snapped in half. I got a quick snap of the damage, 


Richard Whur 
Xray T3 
(Broken drive belt) 

Else where Adian the other contender for the first round ten points was having issues of his own. He had managed to break a bearing in his motor. (Don't ask me how he managed this) but after this it looked like his night was over. And to confirm the arrival of his Team Associated 12th on his pit table said it all.


Aidan Ripley
Team Associated 

My own night went very well as I took TQ, Fastest lap and the win in the final. But I must report my Tekin problems from the other week had still not been solved. I let a fellow racer take a look as he is renowned for his knowledge in electronics and he confirmed what I already had thought, a broken FET. 


Niall Marshall
Tekin Rs

If anyone knows how to go about repairing one of these it would be much appreciated if you get in touch with me and let me know, or just if you know someone who can help that also would be much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment