Thursday 23 August 2012

Monday Night's Race Report

An other night's racing at Blackpool and this week I was kindly lent a Xray T3 to see if I could still drive at 10th scale. Here is a image of the car that I would be using for the night. 



Richard-Owner
Niall (ME)-Driver
Xray T3

The night previous to me borrowing this car it had been handling rather poorly I think its fair to say. The car seemed to just simply NO rear grip what so ever. Maybe this was down to the fact that both rear shocks had no oil in them what so ever. After a quick rebuild and a little tweaking the car was ready to hit the track. 

A few runs later and the times were coming to me as the night progressed. My times were quite respectable as I was using the slower LRP tyres rather than the Sorex 28's with JB inserts. Here is my times at the end of round three. 


Times after round three
I was racing with Richards transponder so for this night I was Richard 

In the final I decided to use the LRP tyres but with CS additive as I thought this might be better as a fellow racer was testing this combination the other night and said it was worth trying. Here is the car in race prep. 


LRP tyres with CS additive

The car felt a lot more planted in the rear with the CS additive. I also changed the rear shock positions slightly and this also made the car feel much easier to drive and gave me more conference to carry a lot more corner in speed. Here are my times in the final with these slight adjustments made and the cars pace increasing. 


Times with changes made to the car

I may also add that my lipo did die during this run as I was in a rush to make the race in time so didn't get a chance to put a full charge in. 

Else where the Mardave A final was one again of spectacular quality, which featured overtakes, crash's (standard) and even a few retirements. Here is the A final grid with some new rather bling shells. 


Tom 
(Yes he did paint this himself!)


Daz
(Once again he did paint this himself!) 


Dan


Jordon


Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment